This is the first time I made these, and they were delicious!! These 21 Day Fix Chicken Burrito Bowls are super healthy and full of whole foods!! And they are perfect for any picky eater because you can add or omit anything that you want!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 cups diced orange bell pepper (or, do one of each – green, orange, red)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed ( optional)
- 1/2 cup green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Cilantro for garnish. (optional)
Salsa, avocado, & sour cream for toppings. (Not counted in portion containers below)
- Slice chicken breasts in half length wise to give you four thin breasts, this will cook much easier.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Add water & taco seasoning (see below) Cook chicken breasts about 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Warm black beans on the stove top.
- Divide the rice, beans, chicken and remaining ingredients into 4 bowls. Top with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, cheese, avocado and cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In small bowl, mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. (Or you can mix it together in the container you are going to store it in–just give it a shake!)
2. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture plus 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water to one pound of cooked meat (of your choice). Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until there is very little liquid left in the pan.
3. Serve with your favorite taco toppings! I recommend lots of sour cream, fresh salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheese and tomato.