You need just five ingredients olive oil, chicken, mozzarella, spinach, and garlic to make this easy Chicken Florentine.
So, I’ve been doing the Shift Shop program and there are some AMAZING recipes that new trainer, Chris Downing, has released with his program (a whole recipe booklet with 81 healthy recipes to us on plan). I tend to eat more chicken than any other protein so I am always looking to change it up a bit. When I saw this one, I knew I had to try it, it looked so yummy and simple, I am all about simple recipes! This one was SIMPLE and it was delicious, so much so that hubby even commented how good it was! So it’s a keeper!!
Total Time: 19 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 9 min.
Yield: 1 serving
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings) (I used the leftover chicken for a salad the next day. So this was enough for 2 dinners, 2 lunches)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 (4oz) raw boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of steamed spinach
- 1 slice of cheese (part-skim mozzarella or provolone)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add chicken; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from heat.
5. Top chicken with spinach and cheese.
6. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
For those following the portion control containers, this recipe would be 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue (depending on how much cheese you use), and 1 tsp