Hello you Beautiful Babe and Welcome!
I’m so excited you are here. Cozy up and grab a coffee or your favorite cocktail!
My family, love, home, health, happiness, passion, play, self-care, and celebrating our lives fully are what are most important to me. I believe that they all need nurtured to be truly happy and live a fully lived life! It is possible to make our lives everything we always dreamed it could be and become the woman we always wanted to be.
We can move past self-doubt, self-criticism, feelings of unworthiness, fear, and everything else that’s holding us back from fully stepping into our lives. We get so busy taking care of our families, we don’t take care of ourselves. We have to be intentional to design a life around what’s important to us so that we can absolutely fall in love with our lives.
This blog is my journey; a Mom who wants to become a healthier, happier woman who is fully living & loving her life.
We have ‘So Much Life to Live’ and we were created to live a beautiful life!
The Girl Behind the Blog:
My name is Maralina (spelled wrong from birth, Lol, sounds like Marlana)! Most call me Mara. Calling me Mara for short pretty much started when my husband got my name tattooed on his ring finger and that’s all that would fit! And it’s stuck ever since!
I’m here sharing my life, in hopes to inspire other moms, women, my daughters, your daughters, and myself to live a life we love, find our passions & our purpose, live our lives to the fullest, to start taking care of ourselves & realize that self-love is not selfish, to experience & celebrate the hell of this life and become the best versions of ourselves!
Click here to read more about this blog & the details of what you will find here
So basically this is my journey through motherhood & my life: how I became a young, early mom & wife and now 38 with two teenagers, living a life I love. I’ve come a long way since that young momma! I’ve learned, I’ve grown, and I’ve become better for myself, for my husband, and my girls.
So here is the low down of who I am:
- I’m just a regular wife and mom living a pretty laid back life in the country.
- My family is my whole world, I love my husband and my girls with all of my heart.
- I’m a mom trying to figure out what the hell I’m going to do with myself now that my girls are teens. I hope this blog helps me transition through the next chapter of my life!
- I am a laid back, simple country girl who likes a little glamour in her life! I like my jeans & flannels, yoga’s & sweatshirts, but I like a nice dress, diamonds, & all things sparkly!! I like getting dressed up and going out on the town, but I’m not afraid to get dirty!
- I’m a dreamer with big ideas & desires. Determined to follow those dreams in the next chapter of my life.
- I’m discovering my interests and passions, realizing my purpose beyond being a mom & wife, and striving to be the best me I can possibly be.
- I love studying the mind and why we do the things we do, how successful people succeed in life, how to truly be happy and live life to the fullest. I believe positive thinking works and if we can control our thoughts we can control our life. I believe that we will never have lasting change with anything until we figure out what’s going on in our pretty little heads!!
“We become what we think about”
- I tend to be a procrastinator/perfectionist. I think I procrastinate because I want it to be perfect, then I think too much and allow myself to get overwhelmed and then don’t do anything!
“Trying to make it perfect, is a perfect excuse for inaction”
- I let my fears get in the way of trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone. I struggle with limiting beliefs about myself and have struggled with not feeling like enough. I believe many of us struggle with these challenges and this is has become a mission of mine; to overcome them and figure this shit out!
- I’ve struggled with self-esteem, confidence, my weight, and body image issues all my life. I’ve been on the dieting roller-coaster and used negative self talk to beat myself up and put myself down in hopes that it would push me to lose the weight for good since I was a teenager and I’m working through all of this to become a happier, healthier version of myself, learn to finally love myself and be comfortable in my own skin. By sharing my journey maybe it will help another momma out there! My biggest regret is I didn’t figure it all out sooner so that I would have been a better role model for my girls.
- I’m an outgoing introvert! ~ I really enjoy meeting new people and I can be the life of the party but I also enjoy being alone. I don’t really open up to others, So I’m really stepping out of my comfort zone by opening up sharing my life.
“Life begins when we step out of our comfort zones”
- I’m not going to pretend to know everything. You’re not going to see me with a sewing machine or building major DIY projects. I may dabble in some crafts but I am no expert. I love decorating but I am not an interior designer! I enjoy throwing parties but I no pro! I am not a fitness or health expert, but I’m striving to live a healthy & fit life, but sometimes I fall off the that wagon! I not going to pretend that every day is all sunshine and happiness, but I am determined to be grateful everyday & be happy. I enjoy writing and learning new things but I am by no means a writer. (Half the time I have no idea what the hell I’m doing!! But I decided I’m going to do it anyway!!) So basically I am no expert in anything and I am not perfect, but I just want to show up here and be free to be myself!
- I’m just sharing my interests, ideas, my feelings, my words, things I’ve struggle with, things I’ve learned.
- I always try to look for the good in everything. I try to stay positive. I just want everyone to be happy and just have fun! Live is too short for drama!
Things I love
- My Husband
- My girls
- My German Shepherd ‘Odin’
- My family
- The Beach
- Walks in the woods
- Fires under the stars
- Warm weather
- First snowfall, but I could be down with it then (not our 5mo. Long winters!!)
- Traveling and seeing new places
- Socializing & hanging out with friends
- A Cocktail~ beer, wine, champagne, mojitos
- Parties & Dancing
- Being comfy & cozy
- Being home & being together as a family (I can be quite the homebody)
- Reading, learning, writing
- Decorating & Re-decorating my Home
- Celebrating & Entertaining
The cliff notes of my life!
1. I’m 38 yrs. old (I tell you this because it has a lot to do with why I’m on this adventure of starting a blog; you can read more about that here Our lives are a story & we are the authors. There is ‘So much life to live’ in the next chapter of my life I really want to live the rest of my life going after my dreams & desires, I want to experience the hell out of this life, cherish every moment, and live my unlived life.
2. I’m married to a pretty awesome guy. He is such a hard worker and strives to provide us with a wonderful life. He is the strongest, most confident, respectable, caring man I know. I met my husband when I was 17. We’ve been together 21 years and married almost 16. We’ve had our up’s and down’s but we’ve come a long way since a young girl falling for a hard core, bad ass Marine!
3. I am a mom to two teenage girls, 17 and 15. They are my whole world, I don’t know where the time has gone, I really miss my girls being little sometimes. Read more about my life as a Mom here: A letter to Moms: Cherish Every Moment Your time with Your Little Ones will Fly By Quickly
4. We have one fur-baby, a German Shepherd (West German Working Line). We named him Odin. It took me years well since my girls were born to talk by hubby into a doggie for our family (he’s been with us since July 2015). Just like a child challenging at times, but we love him dearly, he’s our little wolf!
5. When I was 19 I went to school for travel and tourism. I didn’t do anything with the schooling! I had wanted to be a travel agent, but life took me in a different direction! This is why I’ve added a section for travel because I love it and this is the best way I can pursue a lost dream is to take my family on trips when I can.
6. After I had my 2nd daughter we decided it was best to quit working and stay home with our girls. So I’ve been a stay at home mom turned work at home mom ever since.
7. When my girls were little I was going a little stir crazy, needing adult time, needing something to call my own. So I became a consultant for a home party plan business selling country home décor.
8. Then I decided I could create my own business making and selling home decor. So I did! I know what it’s like to have a deep desire to have something to call your own.
9. But then it was too much and I couldn’t juggle it all, because my husband started a business and I had to become the office manager, this is my day job! And although it wasn’t my dream, it is my job that has provided us an awesome life and it’s giving me the opportunity to pursue things I’m passionate about and I am eternally grateful.
10. I’m on a mission to become a better version of myself. To become a happy, healthier woman, wife, and Mom. I want to be grateful every day, to be happy no matter what and focus on all the reasons I have to be happy, to live a more positive life, to truly love myself & be happy with who I am, to be the best person I can be, to not take this life for granted & live it to the fullest as we were created to live it.
11. I’m at this point in my life where I feel like I need to do something more. (have you ever felt like you were supposed to be doing something else, that you are capable of so much more?) And I think I am really feeling this way because my girls are teenagers now and they are busy with school, friends, etc., they don’t need me as much, so I have more free time. I also realize my girls will be graduating and going off to college and living their own lives soon so what do I do with mine? I am a mom that is who I am and my whole adult life to this point has been all about them, what do I do with myself when there is no one here to be mom too? Link to The Story of a Mom, the Truth
12. I want this to be a place of inspiration, encouragement and motivation for my girls, all women and for moms like me! I believe that girls need girls and that we should build each other instead of tearing each other down, being jealous, comparing, and judging each other.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you find something to inspire, encourage, or help you in some way!
With Love, Mara
Other pages you will want to check out:
I know this page was all about me, but I would love to get to know you as well!!! You can sign up for my newsletter for freebies & updates, send me an email, join me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!