This is the perfect drink for the holiday season! It’s so festive with the cranberries, green apples and a rosemary sprig! It looks like Christmas in a glass! This Sangria right balance of crisp and fruity, with a slight touch of sweetness.
When I am having a party or gathering, I always like to make something up that’s different or themed for the event. So it makes sense I wanted to find a festive drink to have prepared ahead of time to share with friends! I think about the guest who will be coming and then set out on Pinterest to find the perfect recipe! The girls coming to this party are really big into mixed drinks and I knew that most of them like wine, not too sweet and fun & festive!
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
Rosemary, cranberries, and apple make this sangria the perfect Christmas drink that goes with any holiday meal!
- 2 bottles Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay (I used Pinot Grigio because that’s my favorite! Any brand will work, I bought what was on sale in a large bottle at the time)
- 3/4 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberries, whole
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir together with a large wooden spoon to help the sugar dissolve. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve chilled or over ice. I set aside some of the cranberries & apples and I prepped the wine glasses ahead of time so that they were ready when the party guests arrived. I also did not put any rosemary in the large pitcher, I put one sprig in one prepared glass so that every guest would have a little bit of festive in each of there wine glasses.
Take some time this holiday season to sit back, relax, and enjoy a cocktail while getting cozying!
This is the perfect holiday or party cocktail to have with friends! Everyone enjoyed this Christmas Sangria!