- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T red onion, finely diced
- Place all ingredients for the turkey burgers into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patties.
- Grill until turkey is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve turkey burgers on their own or on a sandwich thin whole grain bun. Top with desired amount of salsa and diced avocado (1/4 of the avocado)
*I served mine with romaine lettuce leaves, tomato slices, avocado and topped my turkey burgers with mozzarella cheese.
- Serving: 1 Turkey Burger with 1/2 cup salsa (add more if you want, just adjust counts accordingly!) and 1/4 avocado
- 1 Red, 1/2 Green, 1 Blue (if using cheese split it up with the avocado)
- Serve with a side of sweet potato fries for a fun and healthy summer treat!
Inspired by Angela Dimitrelias