- You have your own unique voice and your story is so different than anyone else’s
- To share your thoughts and opinions
- We all have exceptional gifts, talents, & abilities, a blog is a place use them
- To become a better writer (I have a desire to write an inspirational book to my girls)
- To hold yourself accountable
- To live a more intentional life
- To document your most meaningful events and the most important thoughts.
- It’ll lead to healthier life habits. It requires time, devotion, commitment, and discipline. All good things which lead to a better you!
- Sharing your joy & happiness for all that you are grateful for
- To help you be a better person and become the best version of yourself
- To help others ~ by sharing what you do & what you know, you can be an inspiration to others
- To create something bigger than yourself
- As a creative outlet ~ a place to share all the things you are interested in
- As a hobby and escape from your everyday routine
- To explore and do things you’ve never done before
- For business ~ reach out to your customers, build your reputation and relationships
- To market or promote something ~ yourself, your product, or your services
- To step out of your comfort zone and do something you’ve never done before.
- Overcome fear ~ It’s about choosing to share our best talents and gifts with the world, even if it scares the absolute crap out of us
- For Family & Friends – to stay connected with them and to interact & meet new people
‘You may be thinking how can I start a blog when I have no idea what I am doing?’
- you don’t have to know it all. You don’t have to be an expert, just share you, share your story, share your hobbies, interests, etc.
- each step taken will lead you to your success
- it’s about the journey not the destination. The journey will help you grow, make you a stronger, better version of yourself.
- we are at our best when we are climbing toward a goal and we continually learning, thinking, and pushing ourselves to do and be better.
- taking just little steps will get you to where you want to go.
- if you feel you are capable of more in your life you are right, you are full of so much potential, you have your own unique gifts & talents just waiting to be shared.
- you have an inner voice for a reason. What’s it saying right now? Listen to those sparks of inspiration, little nudges, little whispers, they are pushing you to what you truly desire to do.
- if you have a desire and truly believe in it, you don’t have to know the how, the how will be shown do you. I promise you if you truly desire something more, know exactly what it is you want and it grows into a burning desire, you have faith, and think about it often, it will happen.
~whatever the mind can conceive & believe, it can achieve~
~we become what we think about~
You do not have to do it alone!! Remember I said there were millions of blogs, well most of them truly want to help you and they will help you start a business, build a blog, or do whatever it is you desire to do!
And most exciting some of it is free courses!! You heard me they are giving away there knowledge, how awesome is that!! (I will share later some of the amazing bloggers who have helped me)
Since I’ve started:
*I can’t begin to tell you how great it feels to have something you truly enjoy doing
*how good it feels to know I may help somebody
*to feel like I have a purpose that’s growing into a burning desire to create something amazing
Yes, at times I get overwhelmed but I then have to refocus and remember my why and what I truly want in this life (more on this in a later post)
‘Who am I to start a blog?
- You have your own unique voice, your story is so different and no one else can do what you do because they are not you
- You are full of greatness & you are capable of amazing things
- You are everything you need to be, you just have to believe it and what you don’t know can be learned, you just have to take action.
- You just have to decide you can and go after it
- Most people have a dream to be something, to do something they just don’t think they are capable of it. Believe that you are capable of whatever you desire. It’s up to you.
- You have the power to make this life beautiful, to make it a wonderful adventure, to make it everything you want it to be.
- You don’t have to be a leader or an expert, just share what you know, your life can be a source of help to someone else. Where you’ve been maybe someone else is there and you can help them through it or out of it.
- You are ready & you are able to do beautiful things
“Trying to make it perfect, is a perfect excuse for inaction.”
Just do it. Make it Happen.
One very important thing that I can share is that it doesn’t have to be perfect. You will learn as you go. This is the one of the hardest things I’ve had trouble with; trying to make it perfect; to make it look as good as everyone else; to know as much as they do; that I need to be perfect before I can share it, if I’m not perfect what do I know.
Listen to me very clearly, if you keep trying to make it perfect you will never finish it, you will never be satisfied it will never be perfect, nobody is, they do their thing their way and you will do yours your way. You will take one step at a time and learn little by little, step by step. You will grow, learn more, and it can always be changed. And do not compare yourself to somebody else, they are a different place in their business or blogging career, they were at the beginning once too. It takes time & patience you will get there. Also always remember what they show you online is the best versions of themselves and their lives, nobody is perfect. So please learn from my experience don’t do that to yourself, it is just endless torture that goes on in your own mind and it is still something that I am continuing to work on
“Getting something done is better than perfect. Because the alternative is trying to make it perfect and never getting it done.”
Honestly I have had a lot of fear & self-doubt and I’m afraid, but I’m more afraid not to do it. Because leaving behind dreams, ideas, & desires leaves us with regrets and when we hold onto regret or what if’s then we will never be fulfilled, we will never be truly happy, we aren’t fully living. (post about over coming fear and self-doubt and how I was able to keep pushing forward and not quit even though many times I thought about it)
“What if I fall? Oh my Darling, What if you fly!”
Do you think you want to start a blog?
Do you have imagination, creativity, innovation, vision? Do you want to create something bigger than yourself? Do you feel like you have something to say, something to offer, a story to tell?
Then go for it! You can do it! This is totally for you!
It won’t be easy, there is going to be a lot you don’t know, but everything can be learned! Decide What you Want and Why, this will be your driving force, what pushes you to not give up and believe in yourself.
But it’s worth it, it will help you grow and learn to become the best version of yourself. I will give you a sense of accomplishment in achieving something you set out to do, especially if you’ve never done anything like this before.
Once I decided to start this blog, it became my mission, it grew into a purpose that I created for myself and this is exactly what I was looking for a purpose, living a life beyond being a wife & mom, finding something to do for myself, and at this same time being and sharing inspiration for my girls and you. And this my friend is one hell of a great feeling, to find something you enjoy doing that you feel with all your heart is going to be amazing, you are going to help people, it becomes your burning desire. This is life ~ pursuing something that makes us feel alive, that gives us a purpose. I see so much greatness, potential in myself, I have so many ideas now. It’s all possible for you.
If in a way I’ve sparked an interest in you while reading anything here, pay attention to that little voice inside you, the nudge, the aha moment, for you too to discover your purpose, for you too to find a life beyond your kids. Because guess what like I’m discovering they need us less and less, yes they will always need us, but we find that we have more free time as they get older, and for me I needed to find something that I could be passionate about to fill up that free time. And ‘So Much Life to Live’ Blog is that passion for me, my burning desire right now.
A desire is a first step toward any success, toward reaching any goal. (steps to any success, whatever that means to you, coming soon)
Our only limitations are the ones we set up in our own minds. Our possibilities are endless.
What do you want to be remembered for?
With Love, Mara
If your on a journey to a to do something amazing or a mom like me who desires success in all areas of her life, sign up now for encouragement, inspiration, and to follow along with my journey
Post on How to start your own blog coming soon